Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Corner View ::: Pondering

I'm hooked on Corner View. Not only visiting foreign lives and cultures all over the world but also contemplating over a topic that is outside my normal horizon of blogging.

femme sur un banc

This week the topic is ***pondering***.
Quite a difficult vocabulary for me. I know how to use the word while talking English. Thinking about it in my mother language is different.
Grübeln? Nachdenken? Etwas im Geist hin und her bewegen?
In meiner Familie gibt es sogar ein familien-internes Wort dafür: "maikäfern". Keine Ahnung, wie es entstanden ist.

Anyway....
Pondering on this topic my mind went in twists. Pondering -- pond send me to this Lady: Femme sur un banc.

She sits in the beautiful sculpture garden of the Fondation Gianadda in Martigny, Switzerland.
Her bench is next to a peaceful pond.
Every time I have the chance I go and visit her. Sometimes I even make a detour to sit next to her.
She sits there very relaxed with her sun glasses on her hair. Or is she not as relaxed as it seems and she is pondering about an issue?
Probably I will never know.
If George Segal, the creator, knows?

In case you have the slightest chance to see this Fondation: Go for it!!!!
It's not only worth for seeing my friend, but the whole is something very special.


More Corner Views of this beautiful World:




6 comments:

  1. I love your take on the theme of 'pondering'! It's such an intriguing picture and the sculpture is wonderful. I've never seen a sculpture sitting on a bench before!

    Thanks for visiting my corner view. You asked how to link to the other participants. I just copy and paste the links from Theresa's sidebar (at All of Us). Hope that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sunnymama. I never thought it might be this easy with the links involved.

    Other CV-participants: If your name is missing please drop me a message.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how lovely a thought. i find statues like that, integrated in every day, are very much thought provoking indeed. i always want to touch them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wie wär's mit "sinnieren"...nun gut, das abwägende darin fehlt mir etwas...dieses: in-Gedanken-hin-und-her-schaukeln..
    Tut der Maikäfer das?
    Ich mag das auch, das "Arbeiten" an einem gegebenen Thema!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to think about pondering, I would enjoy sitting on that bench too!
    I know what you mean about CV, even though I pick the themes for now I don't really know what to write about right away! So it's an exercise in creativity...

    ReplyDelete

 
W