Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Green

After my glacier excursion I explored (besides other) *G*r*e*e*n* for Project Spectrum - still in Austria.

alpine-forest-in-spring


As soon as I saw this shining green meadow I had to stop the car for a photo stop. I like very much the mountain forrests in spring when the larches, the only conifers that loose their needles during winter, put on their fresh coat.Their color sticks out so very prominent.

alpine-meadow

These flowers from the same meadow point out the effect of complementary colors.

After quite a long, nevertheless beautiful drive we took a walk in one of the valleys to look for the local climbing spot. What I found was this play of late-day sunrays and deep shadow.

mountain-larches-in-spring

3 comments:

  1. Wunderschön! Lädt ein, sofort den Rucksack zu packen und wandern zu gehen.

    Grüße von Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! The green is so brilliant, it is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete

 
W